- “Dr. Puterman and his staff are fantastic. My implant looks and feels and works perfectly. I had almost no pain and recovered much more quickly than I had expected. My treatment could not have gone better. Beyond the great treatment for my teeth was the great treatment I got as a person and a patient. Dr. Puterman really went out of his way to explain everything, and was completely accessible during the several-months-long bone bonding process. His staff also were very helpful. These are simply very nice people who really take care of you! We all had a lot of fun with the pirate eye patch that I sometimes wore while I was wating to have my front tooth replaced.
I don’t know how much implants cost elsewhere, but I think Dr. Puterman’s fees are comparable to others in this area. I was very lucky that insurance covered almost all of the cost for me, although I would not have done anything differently if I had been paying for the treatment myself. I enthusiastically recommend Dr. Puterman to anyone considering a dental implant.”
- “Dr. Puterman performed a gum graft on 8 teeth and also an upper frenectomy. I was extremely anxious and had put off the grafting procedure for years until my dentist forced me to go for a consult Dr. Puterman has a gentle bedside manner and calmed most of my anxieties. The sedation during the procedure was amazing – I didn’t feel a thing! I was also expecting a lot of pain during the recovery time but besides a lot of swelling and discomfort (not painful discomfort), it didn’t hurt at all. Dr. Puterman’s staff is top notch and super nice. Overall, I’m very pleased with the results – my gums look healthy and even. I highly recommend Dr. Puterman!! Marla and the other women in the office are all amazing and nice!”
- “Dr. Putterman is the best! I had work done by another dentist and ended up developing an infection. Even though I was on penicillan, the infection worsened and I knew I had to see a periodontist. Based on the reviews here, I decided to see Dr. Puterman and I’m so glad I did. He treated the area directly and prescribed me a new antibiotic treatment. This may not seem like a lot, but Dr. Puterman’s service was astounding. I’ve never had a doctor sit with me for a good 15 minutes just to get the history of my problem. Or call my oral surgeon during the appointment to get more information. Or have his staff not only call my prescription into the pharmacy, but call me on my cell to tell me the prescription was ready for pick-up! I’ve also never had a doctor call me out of the blue on the weekend to see how I was recuperating and to give me tips on how to deal with the side effects of the medication! Dr. Puterman also performed a minor surgery for me to clear the gum which had overgrown the infected area. Yes, the surgery was minor, but I still felt very little pain when getting numb and no pain during the surgery. You can’t go wrong with Dr. Puterman. I highly recommend him and his staff. They are fantastic.”
- “Dr Puterman did my gum graft and he took a personal caring to make sure everything went smoothly and that I understood how to contact him and exactly what the process would be. He is an excellent surgeon and just a genuinely caring an very skilled man! I highly recommend him!”
- “I got two gum grafts done by Dr. Puterman. He was very accommodating and made the otherwise unpleasant procedure quick and as painless as could be. His staff is also very knowledgable about the procedures and were able to help me understand exactly what would be happening, payment options, etc… (They were also quite fetching). All in all, this is probably the best practice in the area.”
- “Wow! I had an amazing experience at this office. My dentist had referred me to Dr. Puterman because my case was particularly challenging. Because of an infection, the bone around my front tooth was being lost. This meant that I needed to have the front tooth pulled out and a bone graft before my implant. I really wanted to do this under i.v. sedation because of the nature of the work that needed to be done. It’s now 5 days later and I have had almost no pain. The i.v. sedation was great! I felt no pain durring the procedure. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. They put me at ease at all times. My insurance does not pay for any of this so it was nice to see that when I checked around, this office had very competitive prices.”
- “3 lower teeth extracted and 2 implants (spring/summer 2012). He is a conscientious, solicitous and careful doctor, who was very highly and universally recommended by dentists and orthodontists. His office staff and overall procedures are excellent. Implants require a fair degree of skill and he certainly possesses it. The strongest statement I can make is that I would have no absolutely hesitancy in recommending him to a family member or friend. He’s expensive but you get what you pay for!”
- “Dr. Puterman is a wonderfully skilled dentist, but more than that, he has an excellent bedside manner. He cared about my comfort level, managed my anxiety, and did a marvelous job with my surgical procedure. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Puterman!”
- “Hands down, one of the best medical professionals I was a patient of. Very knowledgeable and knows how and when to communicate with patients. He is very accessible and comes across as genuinely caring person. Top notch professional!”
- “Dr. Puterman performed a dental implant with bone grafting on a tooth that had a cracked root and major infection. I was very wary of the procedure and expected outcome.. Dr. Puterman put me at ease, explained everything before and during the procedure, made sure it was painless and followed up impecably. I would highly recommend him to any one. His fees are not cheap but his skill is worth paying for.”
- ” I came to Dr. Puterman with a serious condition that required oral surgery. I was very nervous about the prospect of gum surgery, but Dr. Puterman eased my anxiety from the very first visit by carefully explaining the procedure and assuring me that I would receive pain relief during and after the procedure. I am happy to report that the surgery went very well and that Dr. Puterman carefully monitored my pain such that I was not uncomfortable either during or after the surgery. Dr. Puterman was generous with his time and his talent. I appreciate the careful attention to detail he displayed both during and after my surgery. More than a year later, I am happy and healthy with no complications and no pain. I would refer Dr. Puterman to friends and family. He and his staff are a shining example of quality patient care and dedicated service.”
- “When I recently needed two dental implants, Dr. Puterman was the surgeon that my dentist recommended to me as the best. At my initial consultation with Dr. Puterman, he carefully explained all of the procedures to me and patiently answered all of my questions. Both the extractions and the implant procedures went seamlessly and Dr. Puterman was extremely professional. He took the time to follow up with me and made it clear that he was always accessible. When I returned to my dentist to get my implant crowns, he told me that Dr. Puterman’s work was “perfect”. I would highly recommend Dr. Puterman to anyone and would return to him in a heartbeat if the need arose.”
- I went to Dr. Puterman so he can even the gum tissue around my front teeth. Ever since I was a kid they’ve been uneven and I used to push them up with my finger nail to try and do it myself. Getting Dr. Puterman to do it was a better choice and a lot more successful. I was petrified but he put me at ease, gave a needle that I barely felt and it didn’t hurt at all afterwards. I had a great experience and I’ve already recommended him to my friends.
– Jenn M.
- “I am very impressed with Dr. Puterman’s professionalism and skill as a periodontist. Dr. Puterman communicates very well with his patients and I highly recommend him.”
– Lyle Jaffe
- “Easy and relaxing experience. Dr. Puterman is extremely skillful in his work!”
– Kevin S.
- “Thanks so much for your persistence in giving me the best treatment! I really appreciate what you’ve done.”
– Catherine B.
- “Dr. Puterman, I can’t thank you enough for the help you’ve given me over the past few months. You really made a big difference to me and my family.”
– Tony D
- “I would encourage everyone to have dental implants if you have been recommended to have them. I had three teeth removed and the bone graft done in one visit! I FELT NOTHING! It was 100% pain free. Dr. Puterman was so supportive. He is caring and funny. What a great guy! I was so embarrassed about my teeth. I knew they were in bad shape but Dr. Puterman put me at ease. He told me that I have nothing to worry about, and that he could fix me up as good as new. I had an awesome experience.”
- “As someone who was diagnosed with periodontal problems at a relatively young age, I saw three highly-recommended periodontists in California before I moved to D.C. and needed a new specialist. I am extremely happy that my dentist referred me to Dr. Puterman, as his skills and “chairside manner” are by far the best I have experienced. Dr. Puterman was the first to spot a barely-visible anomoly in an xray, with the result that a non-periodontal problem was caught early enough that the tooth could be saved. Similarly, Dr. Puterman is the only periodontist who kept looking long enough for the root cause of my gum issues to identify the real problem (mouth breathing, not hygiene) and develop a course of action that might actually help. Dr. Puterman is simply the best.”
-Celia, Alexandria VA